Unlike traditional collars, The Easy Walk Dog Harness never causes coughing, gagging, or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone, not on the delicate tracheal area.
Introducing our latest innovation in pulling prevention, the Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash, the Easy Walk Harness is so simple and easy to fit, and easy to use. Dogs AND owners love it!
Why it works:
Traditional harnesses can actually encourage dogs to pull harder because of the opposition reflex. the reflex that makes sled dogs do what they do. The Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness redirects the pressure through the front leash attachment. And, our patent pending martingale closure tightens slightly across the chest and shoulder blades when your dog attempts to pull forward.
We included a quick snap buckle on both the shoulder and belly straps to make it easier to get the harness on and off your dog. Our soft-but-strong nylon and 4 adjustment points provide maximum comfort and a reliable fit. The complementary color of the belly strap makes it easier to identify each strap, while keeping the overall look pleasantly color-coordinated. You can quickly see which strap goes over the shoulders, and which goes under the belly.
Identifying the harness’ parts:
• The chest piece has a Martingale loop with a “D” ring for attaching the leash.
• The shoulder strap is made in same color nylon as chest strap & has Premier fabric tag.
• The belly strap is made of a complementary color. Fitting the harness:
• Open the quick snap buckle on the belly strap.
• Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with chest strap resting on the dog’s chest.
• Tighten belly strap to a comfortably snug fit. On medium-sized dogs, only allow room for about a finger’s width under the strap. Allow a bit more for larger dogs, less for smaller dogs.
• Gently press fingers on lower front of dog’s chest to locate breastbone.
Using the harness:• Adjust the shoulder strap so that when the chest strap is horizontal (parallel to the ground), the chest strap rests directly over the breast bone.
• AFTER you have tightened both the shoulder and belly straps to allow only about a finger’s width under the strap, adjust the chest strap to fit securely. It should rest nearly parallel to the ground, not “hang down” or gap.
• You may need to remove the harness to make these adjustments.
• When the shoulder strap is fitted correctly, the chest strap should resemble a horizontal line (parallel to the ground), and it will rest directly over the breastbone.
• Attach the leash to the D-ring on the chest strap.
The Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash. If your dog forges ahead of you, gently pull the leash to the side to turn the dog toward you. As he stops pulling, be sure to release the tension on the leash. Use praise and reward your dog with treats and/or petting. To slow your dog when he is pulling ahead, apply gentle pressure to the leash, pulling gentle toward one side of the dog. Release the pressure on the leash when the dog is walking nicely next to you.
We don’t recommend using the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness with a retractable leash. With a retractable leash, the dog is “rewarded” with additional leash when he pulls ahead. We want the dog to learn to NOT pull ahead. In addition, a retractable leash will always apply a slight constant pressure, teaching your dog it is okay to continue pulling. The Easy Walk Harness was created for making walks with your dog enjoyable and pull-free. Should you choose to run or jog with your dog, please be mindful of the possibility of chafing and discontinue use at the first sign of discomfort.